For those of you who are reading this in the UK, I’ve got a request to make.
You might remember last year I posted asking for help regarding a branch of the RSPCA. Well, I’m doing it again. This time I’m not asking for money, only a simple signature on an online petition if you are willing. There’ve been a few cases of antifreeze poisonings in cats in the area near the branch. One of my friends is spending the morning distributing leaflets informing people and I want to help her spread the word, and hopefully raise awareness in general.
For those who don’t know, antifreeze in this country has a sweet taste. Because of this, it is attractive to animals and probably children too. It is also highly toxic. Cats and dogs poisoned by antifreeze have very little chance, if any, of recovery, and die a horrible death if they’re not put to sleep first. By the time symptoms show, it’s often too late. This could be avoided if a bitterant was introduced to the product. It’s not expensive, it doesn’t affect the quality, and it would save a lot of broken hearts in the long run.
So, here’s a link. If you are happy to sign, please do so.
I promise to turn into feral cat and purr for all of you who do!